Are you teaching with an iPad this fall?
If you are, or you are considering it, then New Hampton School's four-day iPad teacher training is for you! Designed by educators for educators you will learn core skills and then apply them to your classroom by designing an iPad lesson you can use in the fall. Our curriculum is based on our experience teaching and learning with iPads in a 1:1 setting since 2010.
This course will cover the basics of classroom management and device setup as well as advanced topics like flip teaching and authoring iBooks. Each participant will design an iPad lesson plan for use in the fall.
For a full list of course topics see below. All participants will also receive an eBook created with iBooks Author: iPad Teacher Guide. An iPad is required for participation in this course.
We will offer two sessions of the same iPad Teacher Training course. Pick the one that works best for you:
- Session 1: July 9 - July 12
- Session 2: July 16 - July 19
- $800 Course tuition, which includes all instruction, lunch and coffee breaks
- Optional: $200 Overnight lodging (double occupancy dorm room with linens provided), breakfast and dinner. Other lodging options are available in the area.
- Optional: $399 16GB WiFi-only black iPad 2
- Optional: $20 Required App Pack, which includes the redemption codes for the apps we will use in the course.
The course will be taught hands-on so teachers will have ample opportunity to understand, practice and apply new concepts. Course topics will include:
Overview and setup of the device
- Philosophy of teaching with the iPad
- Core teacher & student tasks
- Assessing apps
- Content creation
- Teaching & classroom management strategies
- eTextbooks & iBooks Author
- Flip Teaching
- Developing a teaching unit with peer feedback
Note: This course is also taught July 9-12, 2012
Registration: Click here to register:
Please note: This event is not sponsored by AISNE