Criteria for Membership
Membership is open to any elementary or secondary school which is not-for-profit, nondiscriminatory, governed by a board of directors, and fiscally sound. Potential new members must have been, or be willing to be, accredited through AISNE (elementary and middle schools only) or the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (all schools).
The basic criteria for Membership are that the School:
- Has a clear statement of mission and philosophy.
- Consists of three or more consecutive grades in kindergarten through grade 9 or equivalent.
- Is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization as attested by federal and state records.
- Has a non-discrimination statement as required by law.
- Is governed by an appropriately constituted and substantially independent governing board, in accordance with the by-laws of the corporation.
- Has policies and procedures to ensure that any perceived or actual conflicts of interest for board members are disclosed and managed appropriately.
- Has an annual audit of school's financial statements, performed by an independent certified public accountant, that demonstrates adequate financial resources to carry out its mission.
"AISNE provides essential services to parents and extraordinary professional development opportunities for teachers."
Head, Waynflete School
Learn About AISNE Membership
Find out how you can take advantage of all that membership can offer to your school.
Bonnie Ricci, Assistant Director