The ultimate goal of the accreditation process is the enhancement of student learning and growth in our schools.
- Strengthen commitment and congruence to mission.
- Facilitate institutional reflection and self-evaluation.
- Affirm the strengths of the school.
- Help identify areas for improvement.
- Provide structure and a timetable for institutional reflection, dialogue, and change.
- Allow for performance measurement against a wide range of standards of good practice.
- Demonstrate the school’s willingness to be held professionally accountable.
- Enhance credibility with its immediate constituents and with the community at large.
- Demonstrate that the school is part of the larger entity of independent school education.
- Focus on the institution rather than on individuals which helps to ensure the long-term health of the school.
Elementary and Middle Schools interested in accreditation by AISNE should contact Accreditation Director Sara Wilson at 781-843-8440.
AISNE Accreditation - Criteria for Schools
AISNE-accredited schools must have:
- A clear statement of mission and philosophy.
- Three or more consecutive grades in kindergarten through grade 9 or equivalent.
- Incorporation as a not-for-profit organization as attested by federal and state records.
- A non-discrimination statement as required by law.
- An appropriately constituted and substantially independent governing board, in accordance with the by-laws of the corporation.
- Policies and procedures to ensure that any perceived or actual conflicts of interest for board members are disclosed and managed appropriately.
- Annual financial audit, performed by an independent certified public accountant, that demonstrates adequate financial resources to carry out its mission.
AISNE is a member in good standing of the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation. The AISNE accreditation program is reviewed every 10 years by members of the Council.
2020-2021 Membership Committee
arvind grover, Head, The Meadowbrook School of Weston
Rob Gustavson, Head, Fay School
Benjamin Kennedy, Head, Friends Academy
Donna Milani-Luther, Head, Inly School
Ingrid Tucker, Head, Cambridge Montessori School
Clair Ward, Head, Shore Country Day School
Allison Webster, Committee Chair, Head, Dedham Country Day School