Brimmer and May, Chestnut Hill, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Brimmer and May School seeks a grade one teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. We are a caring community of learners committed to maintaining rigorous academic standards while implementing innovative educational ideas. Homeroom teachers in grades PK-1 work collaboratively with their grade-level partners and the Head of Lower School, the Assistant Head of Lower School, and the Director of Teaching and Learning to ensure a developmentally appropriate program for all students. We seek an individual with a growth mindset who is proficient incorporating emerging technologies into their instruction, seeks to grow through professional development, has a willingness to support the mission of the school, provides student-centered learning opportunities, and has a collaborative spirit.
- Responsible for teaching reading/language arts (Reading Street and Fountas & Pinnell), math (Envisions and Investigations), social studies, and science
- Collaborate with Director of Counseling Services, Director of Health Services, and Physical Education teacher to offer social and wellness curriculum
- Work collaboratively with the creative arts, physical education, library, technology, and world language teachers to ensure an integrated approach
- Meet with parents/guardians at the beginning of the year to set child specific goals and twice more during the year to discuss student progress
- Write two brief progress reports and two full narrative reports on students during the course of the school year
- Serve twice weekly on lunch duty; supervise recess
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Punctuality and dependability
- Adherence to all personal policies, procedures, and rules contained in the Brimmer and May Faculty and Staff Handbooks
Reporting: This position reports to the Lower School Head
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Carl Vallely, Co-Director of Faculty Recruitment, CVallely@brimmer.org
Brimmer is an equal opportunity employer. We select the best qualified applicant for the job based on job-related qualifications, regardless of age, race, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, familial or marital status, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected from discrimination under state or federal law. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.