Solomon Schechter Day School, Inc. Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking for a dynamic and engaging 2nd Grade teacher.
- Design, plan and implement lessons that motivate students and creates active learning experiences.
- Prepare and implement differentiated instruction, activities and assessments that meet the needs of every student.
- Build relationships with all students, so they are actively engaged in classroom activities.
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, well-structured physical environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- MA Teaching Certification, preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience teaching students, preferably in an elementary school setting.
- Exemplary teaching skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
We are looking for educators who are excited about:
- Student-centered learning. You are an educator that strives every day to create a classroom environment that is truly a community of learners, where students reflect on what they are learning and how they are learning it.
- Creativity and innovation. You are looking for a creative and innovative environment to teach, where you are empowered to identify ways to nurture and challenge students.
- Small class sizes. You thrive in small class sizes, that ensure students and educators are in the optimal environment to be successful.
- Educator community. You want to work with self-reflective colleagues, who are constantly trying to learn and grow as educators, and support the learning of peers.
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grade 2