Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall is seeking an experienced Middle School math and science teacher beginning in the fall of 2020. Responsibilities will include teaching 2 sections of 6th-grade math and 2 sections of 6th-grade science, advising a small group of students, coaching two seasons or the equivalent, and participating as needed in the co-curricular life of the school.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of these qualifications:
- Experience teaching Middle School math and science
- Interest and experience in connecting mathematical and scientific learning across disciplines
- A willingness to teach in in-person, online, or hybrid learning environments
- A post-secondary degree in a related field
- Experience in employing a variety of pedagogical approaches for different learning styles
- Interest in using technology thoughtfully and creatively to enhance teaching and learning (Dana Hall School is a 1-1 iPad school)
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive learning environment
- Flexibility and collaborative spirit in working with department members and colleagues across disciplines as a member of a small division
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive educational practices.