Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school that nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an experienced middle school math educator to teach 7th and 8th-grade math and be a member of the 7/8 teaching team. The successful candidate will be one who brings a problem-solving approach to instruction and also ensures that mathematical skills are mastered in a safe classroom climate that fosters a thoughtful give and take of ideas and comfort with taking risks.
- Planning and teaching two sections each of 7th and 8th grade math
- Differentiating when necessary to provide support and/or the opportuntiy to accelerate when appropriate
- Setting clear, well-paced learning objectives and providing regular feedback to students regarding their progress
- Continuing the middle school Mathcounts program
- Acting as an advisor to approximately 4-6 students in grades 7 and 8
- Communicating with parents about curriculum and student progress
- Brainstorming ideas for and teaching middle school Elective classes
- Working collaboratively with the 7/8 team to plan and implement Growth Education curriculum, to organize field trips and social events, and to share information about students
- Demonstrated mastery of middle school math content and ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Facility with non-routine problem solving
- Excellent classroom management, including communicating and maintaining course expectations and behavioral boundaries
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Enthusiasm for working with middle school students
- Commitment to the CRS middle school belief in active engagement with the school community and the world beyond us
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of current educational technology
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (email@example.com).