- Middle School
Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school that nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an experienced middle school social studies educator to teach 7th and 8th-grade social studies and be a member of the 7/8 teaching team. The theme of 7th and 8th-grade social studies at CRS is Perspectives on Justice; the two-year course prepares students to think, listen, write, and speak critically on justice issues of historical and current importance. The curriculum examines selected events in American and world history as well as topical issues like political campaigns, marketing, and education.
- Planning and teaching two sections each of 7th and 8th-grade social studies
- Incorporating an extensive research project in both 7th and 8th grade that includes written and presentation components
- Setting clear, well-paced learning objectives and providing regular feedback to students regarding their progress
- Collaborating with other 7/8 teachers (especially English) to coordinate curriculum themes/strands
- Acting as an advisor to approximately 4-6 students in grades 7 and 8
- Communicating with parents about curriculum and student progress
- Brainstorming ideas for and teaching middle school Elective classes
- Working collaboratively with the 7/8 team to plan and implement the Growth Education curriculum, to organize field trips and social events, to supervise activities/clubs, and to share information about students
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for working with middle school students
- Commitment to the CRS middle school belief in active engagement with the school community and the world beyond us
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent classroom management, including communicating and maintaining course expectations and behavioral boundaries
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of current educational technology
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (email@example.com).