Acera - The Massachusetts School for Science, Creativity and Leadership, Winchester, MA
Job Description: Do you want to change the world of education? We do too. Acera is looking for someone with passion, high energy, and a commitment to innovation in education. If the thought of working at a non-profit where you can have a big impact gets you excited, then Acera needs you for our Accounting Manager. Your talents will be relied upon to help us run the school effectively and efficiently.
- Perform monthly close process including: bank reconciliations, credit card transactions reconciliation, BS reconciliations (prepaids, fixed assets, accrued liabilities), Deferred Revenue amortization
- Posting of journal entries and maintaining the general ledger accounts and reports
- Work with book keeper who handles AR and AP transactions
- Process bi-weekly payroll and maintain tracking schedules
- Issue monthly reporting
- Manage and transform our budget built by our Founder/Director.
- Assist with build of Quickbooks/ Salesforce data reconciliation
- Interface with external accountants for annual audit and tax return process including preparation of required schedules and analyses (financial statements and tax returns prepared by outside firm)
- Collaborate with others to create accounting processes, systems and best practices
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Quickbooks. Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Experience with Salesforce, Form Assembly and/or Stripe is a plus, but not required
- A bring-it-on, can-do, let’s make it happen, whatever it takes attitude!
- A kind heart, a thoughtful mind, and a generous spirit
- An authentic love of children and excellent skills to communicate with them in a patient, kind, and respectful manner even in the face of exuberance or upset
- BA / BS degree
- Prior job experience Getting Things Done and effective management of others in a corporate, non-profit, or educational office environment.
- See challenges as opportunities for invention. Positive, the “glass is half full” orientation.
- Flexibility to step in, help and do whatever is needed to support our school and students
- Salary commensurate with experience. Year-round position, 20 hours per week, at least 4 days per week.
- Please submit cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date: January 2020
For more information please contact:
School Mission: Acera is a growing, private K-8 school that provides high ability students with unbounded access to learning. At Acera, students learn, discover and explore at a pace appropriate to each child’s unique motivation and potential, not their age. Our culture is not about pressure to achieve; it is about freedom to thrive. We support our students’ innate curiosity and love of learning through an interdisciplinary, hands-on learning approach. Through developing emotional intelligence, complex and creative thinking skills, and systems awareness, we develop thinkers and innovators who will be able to make positive change in our world. We are growing our progressive school and we have an exciting vision for impact!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Acera is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability as defined and required by state and federal laws.