Austin Preparatory School, Reading, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Administrative Assistant reports to Department Leadership and is responsible for supporting the daily functions of the department, and the overall operations of the School. The role of the Administrative Assistant is rooted with versatility, multitasking, flexibility, adaptability to changing responsibilities, and the motivation to expand the depth of job-based knowledge. The position will offer interchangeable support to multiple departments throughout the School on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School’s Roman Catholic identity and Augustinian heritage.
- Support and adhere to the Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
- Manage projects as assigned, both ongoing processes as well as independent projects.
- Manage a variety of reports utilizing in house systems, as well as Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with various personalities successfully
- Organizational skills, ability to multitask
- High regard for confidentiality
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to offer to support throughout school departments, as needed
- Prior experience working in a professional setting, preferably academic
- trong computer skills and willingness to learn a variety of programs and systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Knowledge of working with both Apple and PC computers/devices
- BS/BA degree preferred
resume and cover letter