The Winsor School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Winsor School is an independent girls’ school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. The Winsor School is a diverse, vibrant community that values intellectual curiosity, authentic engagement and personal integrity. We challenge our students to lead lives of purpose as responsible, generous-minded women. The school is committed to employing faculty, staff and administrators who serve as educational leaders in our community and who will strive to uphold the school’s mission: to prepare young women to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world. To support and promote Winsor’s longstanding commitment to diversity, candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
Winsor seeks an Administrative/Advancement Assistant to join a dynamic advancement team at an exciting time in the school's history. This position supports the operations, database, and events needs of the advancement office. S/he works closely the Advancement Operations Team and reports to the Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Operations.
Reports to: Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Operations
- Input and extract data from Raiser’s Edge and create reports (i.e. honor/memorial acknowledgement tracking, birthday and condolence records, event rsvp tracking)
- Assist with gift processing and credit card gift processing.
- Prepare tax acknowledgments and assist with record keeping.
- Help prepare weekly stewardship letters, manage stewardship grid, letter generation, ensure timely delivery of drafts to letter signers and final letters to donors, and proper record keeping.
- Support Major Gift officers with prospect pipeline and moves management systems including filing call reports, tracking actions, and coordinating the portfolio process.
- Conduct research and prepare briefings on prospective donors for major gift officers as needed.
- Assist with corporate and foundation fundraising research as needed.
- Provide event support for parent events, alumnae events, and other school-wide events, including managing rsvps, attendance tracker, timely event communications, name tag preparation, coordination of day-of logistics, post event follow up.
- Assist with event logistics for the Annual Meeting of the Corporation, the New Family Dinner, and donor cultivation/stewardship events as needed
General Advancement Team Administration
- Monitor department attendance and vacation schedules.
- Manage the Volunteer Room reservations and coordinate Advancement calendar scheduling as needed.
- Assist Operations team with implementation of efficiencies and protocols to maintain database integrity and other best practices.
- Track and report on attendance daily (to reception) and weekly (HR)
- Maintain organization and supplies in Team Room, Volunteer Room, Lower Conference Room, Pool, and Operations office
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in an office setting with a specific focus on data.
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM database helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Please visit the Winsor Careers page to apply for and submit your resume and cover letter:
The Winsor School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic testing, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.