Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Office of Alumni Engagement at Phillips Academy is a dynamic, high energy team that connects 25,000 alumni around the world. This team seeks a highly motivated, organized, self-starter to assist with a wide range of events.
This individual will provide high-level administrative support to the Office of Alumni Engagement with a focus on major programs and events.
This position has four primary functions: 1) provide administrative support to the director and an assistant director; 2) serve as the logistical contact for large events organized by the Office of Alumni Engagement for both engagement and development objectives; 3) provide operational support for the registration process of major campus weekends including Family Weekend, Commencement and milestone events; and 4) and support the general needs of the Alumni Engagement Team. Other duties as assigned.
This position has a dual reporting structure to the Director of Alumni Engagement and Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement and includes a wide range of administrative support including: preparation of invitations (online and hard copy); creation of attendance reports for assigned events; tracking of event invitations and reminders; event registration management and event execution support for Family Weekend, international events, young alumni events, Grandparents’ Day, Commencement, and other milestone events. Other support will include briefings and accurate and timely materials needed for assigned events; management of the Director’s and Assistant Director’s calendars and budgets; preparation of travel expense reimbursements; also general clerical support as required. The Alumni Engagement team is part of the Office of Academy Resources and, as such, support events across the organization.
Requirements: Requires strong computer skills, flexibility, multitasking, excellent interpersonal skills, commitment to customer service, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of the Academy community.
Skills/Qualifications: Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power-point); experience with fundraising software a plus; office machines experience (faxes, copiers, computers and printers); writing and editing skills, supply management, scheduling, organization, time management with an ability to prioritize, travel logistics, be a self-starter, dependable and perform at a high level of accuracy while maintaining confidentiality. Must have a professional demeanor; highly industrious with strong work ethic and ability to be flexible in time of organizational transition.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- A minimum of one to three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in an educational environment, or related relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience using Razor’s Edge or Agilon experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some evening and weekend work related to special events and meetings required;
- Demonstrated interest in fundraising, alumni engagement or related fields preferred.
Full background check required. Apply online at: http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities