Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Phillips Academy seeks an Administrative Director of the Rebecca M. Sykes Wellness Center.
As part of the Phillips Academy community, the Rebecca M. Sykes Wellness Center provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive health care to the student population. With a focus on wellness, the wellness center team members offer students acute and chronic care, preventive medicine, health education and a campus-wide case management model in support of academic, athletic, and extracurricular goals in a culturally-responsive and inclusive manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and courteously both verbally and in writing.
- Must have analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to find creative and effective solutions to administrative healthcare issues that arise.
- Ability to remain composed during difficult situations.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Up-to-date knowledge on electronic health record and team organization platforms.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of health care administration, licensure and credentialing processes.
Educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred with 5+ years health care operations management experience needed. Additional requirements include thorough knowledge of financial management, strategic planning, quality assurance/improvement, human resource management, information technology, medical insurance/billing, process improvement, and risk management. Strong with electronic health record systems (knowledge of Medicat preferred), Microsoft suite, and tableau (would be optional but preferred).
The Administrative Director will:
- Oversee credentialing records of all employed and contracted providers.
- Coordinate with the Medical Director on all clinical costs and services.
- Oversee continuous quality improvement program for the health center which will track the quality of care provided to the students of Phillips Academy. The intent is to identify ways in which the health center can continually improve the quality of health care services provided to the students.
- Oversee Medical Records administration, ensuring quality of documentation, timeliness, compliance and confidentiality as well as storage and compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Overseeing administrative support team and functions
- Accounts payable and receivable
A full job description will be provided to selected candidates in advance of interview.
If interested, please complete an application as well as submit a resume and cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this position via http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.