The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks an Admissions Coordinator to join an experienced, collaborative admissions team. Successful candidates are proven multi-taskers, possessing strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function effectively within a team environment. Excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, comfort with technology, and a positive, can-do attitude are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reception. Provide first-level information about the school to prospective families; cover the front office, office email account, and telephone; schedule appointments for prospective students; and welcome visitors.
- Database Management. Maintain the admissions database including data entry, management of records, and query and report production. Represent the Admissions Office at database user group meetings.
- Record Keeping. Oversee completion of each application and related record-keeping and filing. Coordinate the distribution of print and electronic correspondence to prospective families, educational agencies, and sending schools.
- Office Management. Prioritize the office’s administrative work, manage the office calendar, and maintain office supplies and materials inventory.
- Participation in Special Events. Help prepare and attend major admissions events (typically two-weekend open houses and one evening reception each academic year).
- Fondness for working with students and families.
- Pleasant telephone manner, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, customer service skills, and a sense of humor.
- Strong database, Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills. Experience in Ravenna and Blackbaud preferred. A willingness to learn new technologies is a must.
- Facility working with a diverse faculty, staff, student body, and applicant pool.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential materials in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment.
- Physically able to lift 20 pounds.
- Experience in an admissions office and/or independent school is preferred.
To apply for this position: Please send a letter of interest and resume in a single PDF to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for application: Position will remain open until filled.
School Description: A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply