The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Fenn School, an independent day school for boys in grades 4-9 in Concord, MA, seeks an Admissions Coordinator to start on August 1, 2019. This position will play an integral role in the Admissions team. S/he will be the first point of contact for families and will be responsible for responding to inquiries by telephone and email. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining a database, working with families through the admissions process, and supporting Admissions Office events. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in database management, data entry, and processing of confidential materials. Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate warmly with families and applicants throughout the Admission process.
Fenn has been recognized for its leadership in diversity and multicultural education, and the School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate believes in the importance of diversity in the life of a school and can support Fenn’s mission in his/her work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. The School is also eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Reports to: Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
- Greets visitors in the Admissions Office;
- Manages master calendar for Admissions Office; schedules and confirms admissions appointments;
- Maintains online database by entering data and updating as needed;
- Processes admissions inquiries and applications by responding by phone and/or email, entering into database, and producing correspondence;
- Manages confidential applicant files and application materials; tracks missing items;
- Prepares reports on weekly, monthly, and annual admissions statistics as needed;
- Coordinates and/or assists with functions including annual Open House, lectures, committee meetings, new student orientation, parent/headmaster coffees, and new parent reception;
- Maintains appearance and organization of Admissions Office space including waiting area, testing rooms, and kitchen area;
- Provides general office support, including ordering supplies and stationery, submitting maintenance requests, and processing of payment requests; Other Admissions and School-related duties as needed
- This position is a 9-month role (August 15 – May 15). Hours are 7:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M., with occasional evening and weekend commitments;
- Compensation is on an hourly basis and will be determined based on qualification and experience;
- Comprehensive benefits package available, prorated to .75 Full-Time Equivalency (FTE)
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Tory Hayes, Interim Director of Admission and Financial Aid, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, transgender status, or disability