Fontbonne, Milton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fontbonne is a college preparatory high school for young women of all backgrounds to implement a holistic Early College Model. Fontbonne - The Early College of Boston’s mission is to promote spiritual growth, scholarship, and leadership in young women through the values of respect, responsibility, reconciliation, and reverence. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph, a catholic congregation that welcomes students from all religious backgrounds.
About The Position
This position reports to the Executive Director and supports the Advancement and Admissions teams with tasks and projects that strengthen the school’s sustainability. We seek a highly competent individual who can collaborate with the Advancement team to broaden our donor portfolio and maximize current donor gift giving.
- You understand and accept the charism and mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph and the mission of Fontbonne.
- You have experience in database platforms and understand the importance of keeping data updated to guide the team's strategic efforts.
- You are someone who has great attention to detail, strong organizational and strategy skills.
- You are someone who can meet deadlines, multitask, adapt and prioritize tasks in a high-stakes, constantly changing environment.
- You are someone who has outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You are someone who can connect, establish, and maintain positive working relationships in a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural environment.
- You are someone who works collaboratively, has a positive attitude, initiative, and drive.
- You are someone who has a can-do spirit, a love for connecting with people and engages in wide-ranging conversations.
- You are someone who works independently; exercises sound judgment, works collaboratively in a team environment and handles confidential matters with discretion.
You will help the Advancement and Admissions Team be aware of the trends our data shows to make informed decisions to allow the team to leverage their engagement with the constituents. Assist the team with administrative duties and scheduling meetings or other forms of communication to further develop the relationship with our stakeholders and audience. You will support the Advancement and Admissions teams with project and event management. You will research and assist in preparing grant proposals or letters of Intent for our donor portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree and campaign fundraising experience.
- Experience with managing fundraising and data management software (including data entry, reporting, and queries). Proficiency with Sustain or Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of philanthropy, fundraising processes, and prospect development initiatives (including prospect identification techniques, research practices, and prospect management).
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills to assist with grant proposals, letters of intent, thank you letters, and other donor engagement communications.
- Must have a sense of initiative and curiosity, be a strategic, creative thinker with excellent prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Provide high-level customer service while maintaining a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to new programs, policies, and demands in an emerging and changing environment.
- Demonstrated personal leadership coupled with strong team orientation, exemplary project management skills, and a high customer service focus.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of donors and other highly sensitive information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Drive Applications.
- Fluency in Spanish or Creole is a plus.
Interested applicants, please submit the following documentation to Jobs@fontbonneboston.org:
- Cover letter with salary expectation,
- Writing sample
About The Congregation of the Sister of St. Joseph
The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph and the Sponsored Ministries, including Fontbonne Academy, are equal employment opportunity employers. Consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law, employment decisions are based on merit, job requirements and qualifications, and organization needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Fontbonne Academy complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees. It is the policy of Fontbonne Academy to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Act. Fontbonne Academy will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability.