Saint Joseph Prep, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Advancement Coordinator reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and works closely with the Advancement Assistant, Director of Marketing and Communications, Graphic Designer/Webmaster, as well as with teachers, in support of fundraising efforts of the School.
The Coordinator is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving and Class Reunion program. The role will coordinate the annual appeal process, including social media and website content, and determine outreach strategy for alumni of Saint Joseph Prep and our founding schools, current and past parents/guardians/families, and friends and prospects of Saint Joseph Prep.
- Manage the annual appeal cycle including direct mail, social media, online giving, text to give, phone calls, e-appeals and video acknowledgements.
- Develop a messaging calendar and schedule, and recruit volunteers for an annual Day of Giving.
- Implement plan to grow the monthly donor program (Phoenix Heroes), giving societies, and matching gift program.
- Create segmented mailing lists and data from Raiser’s Edge to ensure successful appeal outreach.
- Work with print and mail house vendors, and manage the office mail account for bulk mailings, permits, postage, and meters.
- Work with parent and alumni committees to cultivate a culture of giving among all constituencies.
- Develop fundraising growth of alumni classes and oversee Class Reunion efforts.
- Track annual giving appeals and progress; design and run reports from Raiser’s Edge to ensure that the School achieves its advancement goals.
- Provide content for the Advancement pages on the School’s website and contribute to the School’s annual magazine with suggestions for alumni features.
- Plan and implement Advancement events such as Trivia Night, Yearbook distribution, and Class Reunions. Assist with other school-wide events when needed.
- Work with the CAO to move annual donors into the major gifts pipeline; recommend ideas to engage the targeted/prospective audience/partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three years of development experience, ideally in a school environment
- Excellent collaborative, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT, Constant Contact, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office products
- Strong customer service orientation
- A self-starter with energy and passion who is also a team player with a sense of humor
- A detail-oriented and accurate person with a high degree of accuracy in all matters
- A goal-oriented fundraiser who will take initiative and demonstrate leadership
- A confident decision-maker who will both listen and lead
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor reflecting the values of the School
- Ability to work easily with all constituencies, including donors, parents, alumni and volunteers
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent data management and reporting skills
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Advancement@saintjosephprep.org