Fay School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Advancement Office Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Advancement and general administrative support to the Advancement Office staff; helps coordinate day-to-day office operations, and plans and implements all Advancement events. The Assistant is expected to provide outstanding customer service to parents and alumni of the School. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with domestic and international constituents.
Applicants should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have proven problem-solving and project management skills, and be able to exercise judgement and prioritize tasks and deadlines. The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in other school offices is essential. Candidates will be expected to handle confidential information with discretion. The normal work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. This position is eligible for benefits.
Candidates should have at least five years’ experience in an administrative support, project management, or similar role. Experience in the field of educational fundraising is preferred, as is experience using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software. A bachelor’s degree and previous event management experience are preferred. Candidates are expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well organized, and able to work independently. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Google suite applications is expected.
- Serving as the assistant to the Director of Advancement
- Managing travel schedules for the Director of Advancement and the Director of Alumni and International Relations
- Planning, coordinating, implementing, and attending Advancement Office events including Grandparents Day, Leadership Receptions, Alumni events, Open Parent Meetings, and Family Picnics.
- Writing and assembling materials for mailings to endowed fund donors
- Providing administrative support to the Advancement Office and trustee committees
- Managing the operations of the Advancement Office by ordering supplies and materials, reconciling offices expenses and helping to prepare the annual budget, submitting technology and event requests, and welcoming guests
- Participating in weekly calendar and communications group meetings to ensure that Advancement Office events are included on the school calendar and promoted in regular communications
- Ordering and preparing gifts as required
Fay School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Advancement Office Assistant” to email@example.com.
Fay School admits students of any race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, or with any disability that can be reasonably accommodated by the School, to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at Fay School. The School does not discriminate on the basis of such factors in the administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics, or other school administered programs.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Diane Byrne, Director of Finance & Operations
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772