Fay School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Fay School seeks a dynamic and flexible individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage middle school children in the appreciation of literature and writing. Building on Fay’s existing English program, this teacher will collaborate with colleagues and teach in grades seven, eight, and/or nine. Candidates who have an interest in teaching international students are preferred. Fay teachers utilize differentiated and developmentally-aligned models of teaching and learning, understand the importance of cultural competency, use instructional technology thoughtfully, and are attuned to the social and emotional development of young students.
As a member of the Upper School faculty, the English Teacher is an advisor to groups of seventh through ninth grade students. He or she will coach or lead other afternoon duties and perform residential life duties. The ideal candidate will want to live on campus. This position is full time with benefits.
A bachelor’s degree in English, English education, or a related field is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred. Candidates must have at least three years of teaching experience, preferably in a middle school setting. Fay seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
- Preparing and delivering lessons and regular assessments to students in grades 7-9 using a variety of teaching strategies
- Developing curriculum and delivering instruction for English Language Learners
- Utilizing technology to enhance instruction
- Assessing students’ performance, issuing grades, and writing comments
- Conducting parent conferences and communicating effectively with parents
- Attending team and department meetings, and major school events as required
- As an advisor, being a primary point of contact for communication with parents
- Performing two trimesters of afternoon duties as assigned
- Performing residential life duties as scheduled, including duties every third weekend
Salary will be determined based on experience. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “English Teacher” to email@example.com.
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.