Park Street School in Boston, MA is seeking to hire an Advancement Officer who would serve our school’s strategic advancement efforts. This leader will be a key team member of our Development team who will professionally and enthusiastically represent our school, and will be responsible for the organization and accuracy of a robust fundraising program.
Park Street School is a Toddler through Grade 6 private school with two campuses in downtown Boston, MA.
The Advancement Officer is a key team member of our Development team who will professionally and enthusiastically represent our school, and will be responsible for the organization and accuracy of a robust fundraising program.
The Advancement Officer will report to the Director of Development and will be involved in all activities relating to identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual, major, and planned gifts from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations. This is a full-time position with some weekend and evening required hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively support the mission, vision and promotion of Park Street School to the internal and external community. Encourage others to do so.
- Help set and execute high standards for ethics, accuracy and quality of information and communication throughout the department and school
- Help design, coordinate and execute numerous events during the year.
- Coordinate all aspects of the spring fundraising gala including tracking information leading up to the event and supporting the successful execution of the evening.
- Identify, recruit, organize and work with volunteers for events and meetings throughout the year.
- Design and manage alumni programming.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plan to connect alumni and parents to a professional network.
- Research and pursue various funding opportunities (individuals, foundations, corporations, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop the marketing, social media, and communications plan for the annual fund and for alumni engagement.
- Maintain donor management software and establishes policies and procedures. to gather and maintain donor information that will be useful in reporting and developing solicitation strategies.
- Process and record gifts; send timely gift receipts and thank you letters; coordinate mailings.
- Assist in producing office publications, communications and stewardship.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, prepare materials and reports.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have a highly professional demeanor with a commitment to customer service and the highest attention to detail. Applicants should be problem solvers who are able to create systems to complete multiple complex tasks under pressure. A successful applicant will possess a keen understanding of the importance of deadlines and urgent requests. This role depends on accuracy, flexibility, problem solving and very strong organizational and personal communication skills.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in an educational setting.
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office, including high-level Excel and PowerPoint skills. Veracross or other database experience preferred.
- Prospect research experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of independent, private, college preparatory, and like-kind school culture and values is preferred.
- A commitment to Christian education, academic excellence, and the mission and values of Park Street School is critical. Must be able to sign the school’s Statement of Faith, as required of all employees.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
For more information on Park Street School, visit us at www.parkstreetschool.org
Interested candidates should apply via our Online Employment Application. Be sure to upload a cover letter and resume when prompted.