- Learning Support
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of downtown Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create the anti-racist environment at Milton—free from bias, injustice, and bigotry—that our values demand, we encourage each other to explore our own histories and identities, be open to learning from others, seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens, and strive to practice ways of interacting with one another that ensure all students and adults feel safe, supported, and able to express all aspects of their identities without judgment or hate.
In our dynamic community we honor that Milton students challenge each other to build a foundation upon which to leave Milton and partner with their future communities to help create a more just world and in those spaces that are dissonant to our values, to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.
The Development & Alumni Relations Office seeks an Advancement Reporting and Data Analyst. This position will provide information, reports, analysis, and insight to support strategic decision-making for the Development & Alumni Relations Office.
Additionally, this position will assist gift officers with prospecting techniques and make recommendations on prospective and existing prospects to ensure an active donor pipeline.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ad hoc reports using a variety of tools such as Tableau, Excel and Crystal Reports; provide recommendations and information to inform fundraising and campaign initiatives.
- Produce and maintain a suite of reports that provide insights into dollars raised, constituency participation, gift officer performance, engagement insights and annual fund metrics.
- Comfort in communicating findings and recommendations, both verbally and in writing, to advancement staff and leadership.
- Work with advancement staff to develop and implement strategies for prospect management.
- Create, implement, and monitor a system for continuous prospect updates, wealth screens and recruitment of new trustees.
- Coordinate research requests; input completed donor profiles.
- Maintain accurate prospect records and update information including capacity ratings, wealth information stages, pipelining information and funded gifts.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information and reports to appropriate advancement staff and leadership.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and must be able to meet deadlines, balance multiple projects, be detail-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and good mathematical skills.
Preferred candidates will have development, fundraising, and/or prospect research experience in an academic environment. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, ResearchPoint or WealthEngine, and Tableau is preferred.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.