Shore Country Day School, Beverley, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Summary Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Advancement Services Manager is a non-exempt position that has specific responsibility for all database management, including gift processing. As manager of the constituent database, this staff member works closely with the Advancement team to ensure a donor-centric approach by supporting each fundraising campaign, event, and initiative, and managing the overall maintenance of all electronic records. Candidates must possess strong database skills and have relevant development experience. This is an opportunity to support a critical external relations function while joining a vibrant school community at Shore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database of over 5,000 constituents.
- Design and generate complex financial, constituent, event, and analytical reports for the Advancement Office using queries, exports, canned, and custom reports.
- Create new records (students, parents, grandparents, etc.); update existing records through imports, global adds and individual record changes.
- Create and perform data integrity and health checks to ensure data is accurate, complete, and captured consistently.
- Maintain documentation of Raiser’s Edge policies and procedures
- Oversee and implement regular data synchronization with the school’s other databases.
- Oversee periodic database wealth screening.
- Work closely with the Business Office on monthly reconciliations and in preparation for the annual audit; implement accounting best practices.
- Provide in-house expertise and support to end-users on database and ensure that staff uses Raiser’s Edge consistently and correctly; provide training as appropriate. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, working with technical support as needed.
- Manage user access and security; remain informed on software updates, upgrades, and additional services; review, analyze, and evaluate database systems and user needs to provide recommendations and solutions.
- Oversee the accurate collection, reporting, acknowledgment, and stewardship of all gifts and pledges in a timely fashion and in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Process all gifts, pledges, stock transactions, matching gifts, and payroll deductions as well as update personal information included with gifts.
- Manage online giving transactions and generate statistical reports.
- Maintain and safeguard gift and p
- Generate mailing lists according to complex criteria.
- Coordinate printed and electronic segmented in-house communications; coordinate with outside vendors for the production of large mailings.
- Generate gift acknowledgments, pledge reminders, invoices, and other correspondence.
Advancement Office Support
- Maintain Advancement Office calendar, files, and supplies inventory.
- Prepare expense reports and invoices and help manage Advancement Office budget.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of advancement events, including family, alumni, volunteer appreciation, and donor recognition events. Assist with invitations, registrations, name tags and menus, as well as set up and staffing as needed.
- Assist with constituent research by using internet searches, subscription sources, and other media to compile information in electronic and hard file formats.
- Maintain documentation of Advancement Office policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
We seek a creative and energetic professional with a customer service and donor-centric mentality who will thrive in a collaborative environment as part of the Advancement team and the Shore Country Day School community. Must have demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines, including proofreading and project follow-through. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills (in person and by phone), communication skills (verbal and written), and organizational skills. Must be able to manage own workflow and tasks, as well as collaborate effectively in a team. Must provide timely response to requests in a fast-paced environment.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and utilize problem resolution and analytical skills; have knowledge of fundraising and advancement operations and embrace a metrics-based approach; and be able to respond to questions from parents, school employees, volunteers, and the public. Must maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relational database experience, preferably in a development office in a school setting. Previous experience in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred (or comparable relational database). Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets. Proficiency with Mac programs will be considered a plus. Familiarity with accepted IRS and CASE standards and procedures, gift processing and basic accounting principles.
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references in PDF format to Katie Kozin, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com