Park School, Brookline, MA
Accredited by AISNE
About the Park School
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Athletic Program is building a pool of talented, energetic, and student-focused applicants who are interested in coaching various sports in the 2020-21 academic year. At this time, we are still determining hiring needs for the upcoming school year. As our coaching needs become more clear, applicants will be contacted based on the openings available throughout the academic year. When submitting an application, you will have the option to choose the sport(s) that you are interested in coaching. The following sports are available to Park students: Cross country, Basketball, Lacrosse, Field hockey, Ice hockey, Softball, Flag football, Wrestling, Track and field, Soccer, Yoga, and Volleyball.
Time requirement for UD (Grades 5-8) interscholastic sports:
- Fall Season 3:00-4:45 four days a week (could run as late as 6:30pm on days with away games)
- Winter season practices four days a week: usually 3:00-4:45, with one morning practice a week (could run as late as 6:30pm on days with away games)
- Spring season 3:00-4:45 four days a week (could run as late as 6:30pm on days with away games)
- Time requirement for LD (Grade 4) intramural sports :
- Girls practice on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:45pm
- Boys practice on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:00-4:45pm
Roles & Responsibilities
- Teach the rules and strategies of the game at the developmentally appropriate level
- Create daily practice plans that create environment for learning, improvement and success for all players
- Communicate via email the weekly schedule with parents and players
- Manage practices and games in a calm, thoughtful and professional manner
- Manage locker room before and after practices and games
- Communicate with Athletic Directors and ATC about student attendance, health concerns, etc.
- Be on time and prepared for all practices and games
- Act as a role model for building character and teaching life skills
- Follow other guidelines as laid out in the Park Athletics Coaching Manual
- Coaching experience at the middle school level
- Experience playing the sport at the high school or college level
- Experience teaching at the elementary, middle or high school level
- National or regional coaching certification preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certified (Park offers certification course)
- NFHS Concussion in Sports training certification (free online course)
- Positive Coaching Alliance - Double Goal Coach certified (Park will cover the cost of these courses)
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of teaching philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.