- Summer Programs
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly-involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial, international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
After School & Camp Teacher: Part-time Starting in January 2021, the After School & Camp Teacher will support our preschool program and offer a range of enrichment opportunities, adventure, and fun to our students. Teachers in the after school program work Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 6:00 and are expected to work during vacation camps in October, April and July. This is a salaried and benefits eligible position and reports directly to the Director of Co-Curricular Programs.
GISB strictly follows state health guidelines and has been safely offering in-person learning for all children since August. Current regulations require masking, social distancing and closed learning cohorts with little opportunity for cross-class interchange. A successful candidate will react to these unique challenges with flexibility, creativity and a commitment to adhere to state, local and school health and safety guidelines
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead activities in areas such as arts & crafts, cooking, and science.
- Guide students in their development of interpersonal and meta-cognitive skills.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for students and staff, including strict adherence to federal, state and GISB health guidelines, including social distancing, masking, cleaning and ventilation.
- Remain flexible and creative in the face of new challenges.
- A B.A. in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or equivalent experience
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching and children.
- Excellent German and English language skills; native German-speaking ability preferred.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
Classification: Exempt, part-time Reports to: Director of Co-Curricular Programs Start Date: January 2021 Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.