German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly-involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial, international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
French Teacher, Part-time, temporary German International School Boston seeks a qualified, energetic and organized classroom teacher to provide excellent French instruction in the high school beginning February 2021. The Teacher will implement a comprehensive and robust curriculum to support speaking, reading and writing language acquisition. This is a part-time, temporary position with approximately 15-18 hours per week.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute daily instructional strategies and lessons targeted for individual learners with a focus on French language acquisition (oral and written).
- Create and maintain a safe and collaborative learning environment for students.
- Maintain accurate and transparent records of student’s work and provide feedback to parents/caregivers.
- Attend bi-weekly assemblies, monthly staff meetings and other meetings, as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for students and staff, including strict adherence to federal, state and GISB health guidelines, including social distancing, masking, cleaning and ventilation.
- M.A. in education or French required.
- French instruction experience in the K-12 setting.
- Comfortable working with remote equipment (e.g. cameras) and software.
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Manager at email@example.com
GISB strictly follows state health guidelines and has been safely offering in-person learning for all children since August. Current regulations require masking, social distancing and closed learning cohorts with little opportunity for cross-class interchange. A successful candidate will react to these unique challenges with flexibility, creativity and a commitment to adhere to state, local and school health and safety guidelines.