Solomon Schechter Day School, Inc., Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking for an engaging and energetic coordinator/lead teacher for our After School Program (Grade 4-7) for the 2019-2020 academic year. The After School Program at Schechter is a space for students to have fun and develop individual passions with a focus on student independence and leadership. Activities include outdoor adventure, cooking, sports, group games and mentoring younger students in a structured program. The coordinator/lead teacher should be comfortable leading a variety of activities and enjoy motivating students.
- The After School Program runs from Monday through Friday, 3pm-6:30pm, with early Friday hours in the winter.
- Hours from 10am-3pm for planning and administration of program with a 30 minute lunch break.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prior experience working with school-aged children creating engaging, high quality programming (experience in educational or camp setting preferred).
- Applicant should have individual interests they can share with the students, such as: art, technology, group games, outdoor adventure, cooking, etc.
- Ability to motivate, guide and instruct children in group activities.
- Must have access to reliable transportation (the school is not accessible by public transportation)
Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, tuition reduction for employees’ children, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org