- Auxiliary Programs
Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and three references. Please be sure to include “Afterschool Sports Facilitator” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Basic Purpose: The Shady Hill Auxiliary Program is seeking an Afterschool Sports Facilitator for the 2019-20 school year. This is a part-time position. We are seeking a dedicated, dynamic, and engaging physical education instructor to join our experienced Afterschool team.
For over 100 years, Shady Hill has been a leader in progressive elementary education and our after school program is part of that tradition. The program allows children to explore their worlds and test their powers; we seek to develop independent, joyful and curious learners who respect their own accomplishments and those of others. As a diverse school, we believe that a varied and inclusive community is an educational and moral imperative that empowers us all. Therefore, we especially welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our multicultural community.
This position will be responsible for all sport programs conducted within the Afterschool program unless specialist instruction is required (such as martial arts, for example).
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Occasional attendance for orientation meetings, planning meetings, and special school events may be required.
· Plan and deliver a meaningful sports program to students in grades PK-5 that is developmentally appropriate and aligned with the school’s mission and values. This includes all formal sport-related activities during regular Afterschool programming and Discovery Days.
· Use non-teaching time on campus to develop sport curriculum and organize materials required for instruction.
· Meet with/observe the School’s Physical Education teachers when possible for program enhancement ideas.
· Care for and maintain Afterschool athletic spaces, equipment, supplies, and property of the program.
· Assist in tracking students’ attendance and dismissal to approved caregivers.
· Help students with interpersonal interactions while ensuring safety and well-being of all students.
· Meet with parents as required.
· Properly complete and submit required paperwork on time.
· When not working on the sports program, will support students with their other activities that they may be engaged in.
· On Wednesdays assist with Lunch Bunch and early dismissal; this includes making sure enrolled students have arrived, have eaten lunch, and have activities to do.
· Other tasks as required to ensure smooth running of the program, including involvement in half-day programming, and Discovery Days.
· Bachelor’s degree in a sport related field.
· Coaching certification in different sports.
· 3-5 years of experience working with school-aged children in a sport program.
· Organized, punctual, flexible, and responsible.
· Demonstrable skill in facilitating group activities, maintaining a friendly and calm demeanor, and engaging in appropriate communication with students, coworkers, and student families.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Afterschool Sports Facilitator” in the subject line of the e-mail.
For a description of the school, refer to:www.shs.org.Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off.