German International School Boston, Boston, MA
Apply here by sending an email with your resume to Sara Kagey, HR Manager.
After school and camp teachers design, develop and direct programming which extends the learning day, offering a range of enrichment opportunities, adventure, and fun to our preschool, elementary, and middle school students.
Planning and leading activities in areas such as sculpture, cooking, and science, supporting students with homework completion, and guiding students in their development of interpersonal and meta-cognitive skills in a fun, respectful and safe environment. Work with team to manage 100+ student schedules.
· Experience and enthusiasm for teaching and children
· Excellent German and English language skills; native German-speaking ability preferred
· flexibility, curiosity, and a positive attitude
· Ability to connect & communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and families from diverse backgrounds
· Initiative, independence, and the desire to contribute to a team
Work occurs both in well-lit traditional school classrooms/building, as well as outdoor activities both on the school grounds and nearby venues.
Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, throwing, catching, moving up and down stairs, and lifting (30 lbs)
Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 6:00 pm, and full 5-day/40 hour weeks during vacation camps in October, April, and July.
Local travel during working hours to nearby recreation and field trip venues.
Education and Experience
· A B.A. in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred
· 2+ years’ experience working with youth
Excellent German and English language skills; native German-speaking ability preferred