- Alumni Relations
Lawrence Academy, Groton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Lawrence Academy, a college preparatory school (grades 9-12) located in Groton, Massachusetts, is seeking a full-time Alumni Leadership Gift Officer to join its Advancement Team to oversee and direct alumni annual giving and engagement.
At the direction of the Director of Alumni Advancement, the Alumni Leadership Gift Officer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with an assigned donor/prospect portfolio to cultivate and solicit alumni and alumni leadership donors and prospects to increase alumni annual giving and engagement.
- Help to create, organize and manage engagement opportunities and events in key alumni concentration areas
- Together with the alumni team, manage 3-4 class reunions per year with a goal of increasing alumni reunion annual giving participation and lasting commitment to the school
- Create materials to support the class agent program
- Manage Lawrence Academy’s emerging Alumni Ambassador Program for current senior class members
- Assist with program execution as defined by the Alumni Council with a goal to increase alumni engagement
- Acknowledgment of gifts to all donors solicited and visited
- Timely execution of contact reports for all meetings with donors
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a front line fundraiser working within an alumni annual fund program in education.
- Volunteer management, event logistics, and leadership experience
- Goal-oriented, self-starter with strong time management, organizational and planning skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with a wide range of constituents
- Local travel as needed related to portfolio composition and for alumni engagement events
- Occasional weekend and evening commitments
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar development database
- High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office is required with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete criminal records, sexual offender records, driving records and Massachusetts fingerprinting checks.
Lawrence Academy offers a generous benefits program including health and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Alumni Leadership Gift Officer. No phone calls, please.
For more information about Lawrence Academy, visit http://www.lacademy.edu/.
Lawrence Academy is seeking candidates with a commitment to cultural competence which enables individuals to work and communicate across social and cultural differences. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Further, the Academy does not discriminate and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or Uniformed Service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.