Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Notre Dame Academy- Hingham, an all-female college prep high school educating young women in grades 7-12, is seeking a full-time Biological Sciences teacher with high energy, a creative spirit, and a passion for empowering young women. Notre Dame Academy is a vibrant, Catholic learning community, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Academy guides young women in their personal faith formation, challenges students to pursue academic excellence, and encourages social responsibility on behalf of global justice.
Under the supervision of the Science Department Chairperson, the Anatomy & Physiology Teacher creates, develops, and implements rigorous, science curricula that build students’ critical thinking, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills and prepares students for future advanced coursework and STEM careers. The Anatomy & Physiology teacher provides opportunities for experiential learning through field, lab, and classroom experiences. The Anatomy & Physiology teacher provides aligned instructional and assessment materials and offers support to students in numerous ways, such as through extra-help sessions, scaffolded learning materials, and tutorials. The teacher engages in professional development to strengthen pedagogy and laboratory techniques.
Components of Responsibility
Pedagogy and Assessment
- Align course curriculum and assessments with established NDA curriculum maps.
- Ensure frequent opportunities for formative and summative assessments.
- Provide extra help through meetings with students and through email communications.
- Implement meaningful and effective instructional methods.
- Integrate technology into pedagogy where necessary and beneficial.
- Create and maintain an organized, functional, and safe learning environment.
- Create and uphold rules and procedures that optimize learning.
- Attend Science Department Meetings.
- Support and participate in Science Department events and initiatives.
- Pursue professional development training.
- Keep accurate records.
- Communicate science supply and classroom material needs to Science Department Chairperson.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a related lab-based science discipline, such as Biology, Biochemistry, or Nursing.
- Experience teaching various levels of lab-based biological science course levels such as College Prep, Honors, and Advanced Placement (AP).
- Experience teaching or learning Anatomy & Physiology.
- Facility with teaching a broad range of biological lab techniques on the high school or college level.
- Experience teaching Middle School Integrated Science
-Candidate should have or show demonstrated progress in working towards a Massachusetts teaching license and a master’s degree in Biology or a related field (e.g. biochemistry, nursing, anatomy & physiology).
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Classroom Teacher > Science: Anatomy & Physiology
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notre Dame Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Mark Dowling, Science Department Chair
- 1073 Main St.
- Hingham, Massachusetts 02043
- Phone: 781-749-5930
- Fax: 781-749-8366