Fay School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Application Support Specialist supports users, troubleshoots, tracks issues, escalates support cases, and maintains the School’s classroom and critical applications. The Specialist reports to the Director of Innovation and works with other members of the Technology Department to provide support for the School’s hardware and systems. This is a full-time, exempt position that is eligible for benefits.
- Providing user training and advanced technical support for applications
- Consulting with vendors’ customer support specialists to resolve application issues
- Reviewing and improving application processes and procedures
- Creating standard and custom reports and list
- Creating and maintaining data intelligence dashboards
- Promoting best practices in the use of applications
- Implementing the annual rollover of data and applications
- Providing assistance for the Technology Support desk
- Collaborating on Technology Department projects
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. A minimum of two years’ experience in an application support role is required. Prior experience with application automation, APIs, and configuring integrations is expected. Candidates should have a high level of competency supporting Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications and supporting users in Windows and Mac environments.
Experience in administration and support of the following applications is desired:
- Blackbaud Suite: Student Information System, School Website System, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, Tuition Management, Enrollment Management, Merchant Services
- Quick Base
- HRIS and payroll systems
- SQL database
Candidates must have excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills. The Specialist is expected to be adept at working independently and to handle confidential information with discretion. He or she must be able to interact effectively in a culturally diverse community of parents, students, faculty, and staff and be able to provide support to technical and non-technical users.
Prior experience working in an independent school environment is preferred. Fay School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Application Support Specialist” to email@example.com.
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.