- Alumni Relations
Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Assistant Director will oversee an array of programs, creating and nurturing alumni engagement by region or affinity through event management and volunteer management. This position will manage and steer a group of highly-engaged volunteers in order to execute a wide range of events in different locations, including events for Head of School and other campus faculty members. The assistant director will do this by proactively balancing several projects at once, set and meet deadlines to ensure measurable success. Volunteer management and partnership will be critical, thus regular contact and relationships with Regional Leadership Teams will be a pillar of this position. This position is secondary to the assistant director for the overall strategy of Regional Programs. Support of other volunteer committees, such as the Equity and Inclusion Committee of Alumni Council and a Reunion Class.
This position reports directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement.
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to proactively manage several projects at once and set and meet deadlines
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also as a member of the Alumni Engagement Team
- Strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with multiple constituencies
- Ability to work nights and weekends, and domestic travel to areas of high alumni concentration
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, and social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a professional position, preferably in an educational environment, or related relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience using Razor’s Edge or Agilon experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in fundraising, alumni engagement or related fields preferred.
Full back ground check required.
Apply online at http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
- Alumni Relations