Fay School, Southborough, MA
ACCREDITED BY AISNE
The Assistant Director of Admission is a member of a collaborative team of professionals who implement the School’s plan to enroll a diverse group of well-matched students each year. The Assistant Director presents the School and its program to prospective families, recruiting domestic and international day and boarding students in grades five through nine. This is a full-time, 12-month position that is eligible for benefits. The position requires attendance at evening and weekend programs and requires domestic and international travel. The Assistant Director of Admission reports to the Director of Admission.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in independent school admissions. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Candidates are expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact effectively with a culturally diverse community of families and students, and the ability to handle confidential materials appropriately. We encourage candidates who enjoy working as a member of a collaborative team, are problem-solvers, are able to meet the demands of a fast-paced work environment, and who show initiative. A high level of comfort using and learning technology tools is expected. Fay School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
- Managing the enrollment process for students entering grades five through nine and ensuring that student enrollment is consistent with the School’s enrollment plan
- Developing and implementing programs to recruit well-matched students to Fay School, with a special emphasis on boarding students, in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications
- Cultivating effective relationships with educational consultants, placement officers in feeder schools, and prospective families
- Organizing and attending admission events on- and off-campus, including national and international locations
- Conducting admission tours and interviews, reading admission files, serving as a member of admission committees, and helping to manage the Student Admission Ambassador Program
- Using Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, SchoolAdmin, and other Whipple Hill tools to track admission data, conduct analysis, and to generate reports for the Director of Admission
- Liaising with academic, arts, wellness, residential life, and athletic departments to ensure that prospective candidates and their families are connected to the appropriate faculty and administrators during the admission process
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Assistant Director of Admission” to email@example.com.