School Year Abroad, North Andover, MA
Accredited by NEASC
SYA Admissions is a high-energy, fast-paced and creative department that enrolls nearly 200 students every year to attend our schools in France, Italy and Spain. The Assistant Director of Admissions is a key member of the admissions team whose primary responsibility is student recruitment and enrollment management. The Assistant Director of Admissions is an entry-level position which reports to the Associate Director of Admissions and is based at SYA’s home office in North Andover, Massachusetts.
Key duties of student recruitment:
- 8-10 weeks of domestic travel to promote SYA and recruit students.
- Prioritize memberschools, develop contacts, build itineraries of 8-10 school visits per week and deliver compelling and convincing presentations.
- Plan logisticsfor travel including finding competitively priced airfare, hotels and rental cars.
- Conduct thorough follow-up from school visits including sending thank you notes to school contacts and inquires to Admissions Operations Manager within 48 hours of the visit.
- Update the admissions database regularly to ensure most accurate information.
- Manage admissions funnel and convert inquiries into enrolled students by proactively contacting inquiries and families by phone, e-mail and in-person from the office and during recruiting trips.
- Plan and attend conferences, regional receptions and parent weekends at select member schools.
Key duties of enrollment management:
- Read applications and evaluate candidates for an assigned country and one additional country.
- Coordinate Merit Scholarship program and select winners for your assigned country.
- Yield admitted students to your assigned country.
- Send enrollment/orientation communications to your assigned country.
- Serve as department expert for your country’s visa process and assist families through this process.
- Liaise with your country’s Resident Director to communicate status of student enrollment.
- ther duties as necessary to enhance the ability to recruit students or promote SYA’s mission.
The ideal candidate is someone who has studied abroad, lived with a host family and has 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Familiarity with U.S. independentschool culture.
- Admissions, marketing experience and/or sales experience (highly desirable).
- Strong work ethic and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to establish rapport with, and command respect of, students, families, school admins and faculty.
- Flexibility, good humor and high energy.
- Willingness and ability to travel by air, sometimes abroad and with limited notice.
- Ability to attend to detail with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with basic database management and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office. o Valid driver’s license (required).
SYA welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the organization. SYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to Alec Wall, Associate Director of Admissions: email@example.com