St. Mark's School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by NEASC
St. Mark’s School seeks an Assistant Director of Admission. The Assistant Director of Admission is required to travel, both local and long-distance (within the United States); make school visits, and provide on and off-campus interviews. Saturday work is required along with occasional weekend fairs which may include Sundays. Extensive interviewing and campus tours required. The Assistant Director of Admission is expected to assist with greeting families in the Admission Parlor. The Assistant Director of Admission will serve as a member of the Admission Committee.
The Assistant Director of Admission reports to the Director of Admission.
- Assists with student, faculty and parent participation in the campus visit program with an emphasis on training, evaluation, and accountability
- Travel to fairs, feeder schools and receptions as assigned by the Director
- Cultivates special interest markets and communicates with academic, athletic, and/or arts departments according to student interests.
- Interviews and evaluates prospective candidates and meet with their parent/parents.
- Completes interview notes in a timely manner and enters them into the admission database.
- Assists in planning and participates in all admission related special events including but not limited to new student Orientation, Open House, and Admission Revisit Days.
- Assists in the evaluation of admission applications
- A key member of the Admission Committee and responsible for reading and evaluating admission files
- Participates, as deemed appropriate, in other duties of the school community, including but limited to, advising, coaching, dorm duty, dorm head and teaching
- Resides on campus
- Supports administrative staff with special projects as deemed necessary by the department, including but not limited to, data entry and campus visit scheduling.
St. Mark’s School seeks to reflect the increasingly diverse world in which we live. We provide our students with a superior education in a caring community of students, parents, faculty, and staff that represents a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds. We strive to ensure opportunities for all students regardless of gender, race, religion, color, ethnicity, sexual preference, gender identity or economic background. In support of our objective, St. Mark’s School will:
- continue to give special importance to the inclusion within our student body, our faculty, and our staff of persons from all groups within our society, including those who have experienced prejudice and disadvantage,
- provide all members of the School with a range of appropriate opportunities to develop skills for living in a diverse community and integrate diversity initiatives throughout the School program.
- empower all members of the St. Mark’s community to share their differences as well as their common experiences to enhance their education.
St. Mark's School is a coed, private boarding high school of approximately 360 students with a strong, college preparatory curriculum located 22 miles west of Boston and 12 miles east of Worcester. The small size of the community, its ideal location, and its rigorous intellectual atmosphere make St. Mark’s a great place to live and work. The School offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including retirement plan, paid vacations and medical insurance.
No emails or calls, please. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Assistant Director