Belmont Hill School, Belmont, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Assistant Director of Communications, Belmont Hill School
The Assistant Director of Communications works closely with the Director and Associate Director of Communications on a variety of projects including the alumni Bulletin magazine, various print marketing pieces, social media, and upkeep and creation of content for the School’s website. Familiarity with a Content Management System is strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates will have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Assisting in media relations by collecting content for press releases to local newspapers for various student achievements
- Proven experience in writing compelling print and online content to engage audiences
- Proven experience in editing and proofreading
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Excellence in communication and creative thinking
- Strongly preferred experience with Blackbaud Content Management System (CMS), or other comparable CMS
- Preferred experience in digital marketing, analytics, and social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Preferred experience in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, iMovie, and Photoshop
Belmont Hill offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical and dental insurance plans, a school-matched 403-b retirement plan, and paid vacations.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Communications
Please use “Assistant Director of Communications” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please. Salary commensurate with experience. Non-smoking campus. Belmont Hill is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Belmont Hill School is a non-denominational school for boys in grades 7-12 situated on 29 acres in Belmont, MA, a suburb 20 minutes northwest of Boston. Primarily a day school, Belmont Hill also maintains a five-day boarding program for approximately 30 students in order to serve students from a broader geographic region. The School seeks to build a diverse and inclusive community of teachers and students as it pursues its timeless mission of “developing young men of character.” A faculty of 65 men and women work together to offer the 450-member student body a challenging, college preparatory curriculum grounded in the School’s deep commitment to character education and relational learning. Beyond a strong history of athletic competition as a key component of character education, Belmont Hill is also proud of its burgeoning programs in the fine arts, music, and theater. The School’s deep sense of community is evidenced by its passionate alumni body and cherished traditions including weekly chapel gatherings, sit-down family style lunches, and a daily pause for milk and cookies. A founding member of the International Boys’ School Coalition, Belmont Hill is a worldwide leader in boys’ education. Having welcomed a new Head of School in 2018 as the School looks towards its centennial in 2023, it is an exciting time to join Belmont Hill as the School seeks to embrace both its time-honored traditions with a broad commitment to innovative thinking and teaching. For more information about our school, please look at our website: www.belmonthill.org.