Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Assistant Director of Enrollment Management
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, this full-time position will partner with the Enrollment team to implement a comprehensive strategy that meets institutional targets while recruiting, enrolling, and retaining talented students. Integral to that work, s/he will build essential relationships with prospective families, school leaders, current families, alumni, and community-based organizations. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for families in a portfolio of assigned towns within BC High’s enrollment catchment area, leading applicants from inquiry through annual re-enrollment. S/he will be responsible for meeting inquiry, application, and enrollment targets that are pre-determined for each town. Given the nature of the office, s/he will be involved in all main functions of the Enrollment Office including responding to inquiries, interviewing and touring families, reviewing applications, and representing BC High at on- and off-campus events.
- Serving as the primary point of contact in assigned towns, s/he will be knowledgeable about all aspects of these towns, including, but not limited to: town budget, school budget, school-aged child demographics, middle and high school programs, currently enrolled students from that town, past students enrolled from that town, and influential parents and alumni.
- Lead families through the full enrollment cycle including admission application and financial aid application (if necessary).
- Provide personalized communication to assigned families being responsive to their motivations in considering BC High for their son.
- Participate in the coordination and implementation of all on- and off-campus enrollment events, including but not limited to: Open House, Information Nights/Sessions, Community Receptions, Accepted Student Programs, and new events as they evolve.
- Respond to phone/email inquiries, conduct interviews, provide tours for prospective families, review applications, and travel to assigned towns representing BC High and/or the Enrollment Office at on an off-campus forms.
- Implement the departments newly designed personalized outreach to accepted students. This will include engaging appropriate members of the BC High community, tracking interactions, and conducting necessary follow-up.
- Record daily interactions with students and families in the department’s database.
- Five to ten years of professional enrollment or transferable experience providing direct customer support in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and prioritize work according to deadlines and department priorities.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot inquiries from prospective students and families.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be a team player by sharing information and offering assistance to colleagues. Ability to offer thoughtful contributions at meetings and the ability to respect others regardless of differences
- Ability to build rapport with families and students and to provide timely, accurate information about BC High and the application process
- Experience managing competing priorities while providing the highest level of internal and external customer service.
Experience and comfort working with database systems and the desire to learn, navigate and manage the departments system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Belief in the value of a Jesuit education and the capacity to articulate those beliefs to all constituent groups.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a desire to work with students and families.
- Commitment to culturally responsive practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send letters of inquiry and resumes to Charlie Drane, Vice President for Enrollment Management, firstname.lastname@example.org.