- Middle School
Nashoba Brooks, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for boys and girls, age 3-Grade 3; Girls, Grades 4-8. The School is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” We believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks candidates for the full-time, 12-month assistant head of middle school position. The assistant head of middle school reports to the head of school and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Middle School learning community at Nashoba Brooks School.
- Serve as an active and collaborative member of the administrative leadership team to maintain and enhance a positive, mission-driven and student-centered school culture.
- Communicate effectively the School’s mission, philosophy, core values, and program.
- Develop and facilitate employee orientation and professional development, including the planning of professional development days and management of the professional development budget.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communicate and model the School’s core values of diversity, service learning, and character development
- Supervise 6/7/8 advisors.
- Manage the Middle School program, including coordination with team leaders, establishment of program goals, employee evaluation, and coordination of curriculum.
- Work closely with the director of academic support and the assistant head of lower school to ensure effective student support services and implementation of learning plans.
- In conjunction with the assistant head of the lower school and the student support team plan and facilitate a comprehensive program for parent education and partnership.
- Participate as a member of the Middle School admission committee.
- Support initiatives to enhance a positive School culture (e.g., participation in assembly committee, ad hoc task forces, leadership teams, etc.).
- Coordinate with the assistant head of lower school to oversee the scheduling committee.
- An optimistic outlook and demonstrated skill in creative problem-solving.
- A proven track record as a positive, effective, and inspiring leader of students, parents, and teachers.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the School community.
- A proven track record of efficient project management with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Master’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in teaching and administration in independent schools, particularly with Grades 4-8
The assistant head of middle school will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Danielle Heard, Head of School
www.nashobabrooks.org February 2020
- Head of Middle School