St. John's Preparatory School, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by providing a cover letter, résumé, and a written statement of your philosophy of mission-based leadership to Tracii Schaeublin by February 8, 2019.
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust, and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. St. John’s enrolls 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
The Assistant Head, comparable to a Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMO), will lead a team that positions St. John’s as an educational leader, a resource for the global alumni network, and a good neighbor in communities from Danvers and across the North Shore and Merrimack Valley to Boston. The marketing and communications team is responsible for all internal and external communications, as well as for marketing campaigns to support admission, institutional advancement, and auxiliary programs. The Assistant Head of School for Marketing and Communication will cultivate a strategic, creative, and collaborative culture within a team that is actively engaged in all aspects of the life of the school community, both on and off campus.
Reporting to the Headmaster, the Assistant Head of School for Marketing and Communications serves as a key member of the Headmaster’s Leadership Team and collaborates with the Principal’s Leadership Team. The position oversees 2.5 professionals who function as an in-house agency on a wide range of projects, initiatives, and requests.
· Create, maintain, execute, and assess ROI of an annual marketing, advertising, and communications plan with specific goals to advance the mission of St. John’s as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men. This would include to research and assess the effectiveness of mobile and digital marketing and the implementation of new technologies to advance the work of the marketing and communications office.
· Lead efforts, in collaboration with the Office of Admission, to develop, implement, and assess strategic marketing programs, including digital and social media marketing, in order to meet enrollment goals. Efforts will address the areas of recruitment, matriculation, and retention.
· Promote, strengthen, and enhance the Prep’s brand, including the school’s core values and messages, through consistently engaging, high-quality communications across all channels and for all constituents with special focus on key stakeholders, such as parents and alumni.
· Direct and oversee the marketing and communications team in order to effectively meet the needs of the school community in writing, editing, photography, and video.
· Oversee crisis communications, in collaboration with school leadership teams, working closely with the Headmaster and Associate Head of School/Principal to ensure transparency with stakeholders.
· Lead new marketing strategies in collaboration with the Auxiliary Programs staff to increase revenue-generating initiatives for all auxiliary programs, including summer camps and enrichment programs.
· Lead new marketing strategies in collaboration with the Prep bookstore to increase revenue and advance the school’s brand identity through retail purchases.
· Collaborate with the Chief Advancement Officer and support the Office for Institutional Advancement to drive philanthropic support and engagement in the life of the school community.
· Collaborate with the Athletics Department to ensure consistent branding across all team uniforms, gear, and signage.
· Cultivate relationships with the media, both local and national, and seek positive coverage of St. John’s.
· Serve as editor-in-chief of the semi-annual Prep magazine.
· Serve as the Headmaster’s voice in internal and external strategic communications, craft presentations, and write digital and video media scripts.
· Support the School’s efforts to conduct market and/or public opinion research to assess program outcomes, enhance public sentiment, and overall school performance.
· Oversee content and management of school websites.
· Ensure that all internal and external school communications follow the school style guide and appropriate use of logos. Ensure accuracy and professionalism in all school communications.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors, including website developers, graphic designers, videographers, and photographers.
· Support revenue generation through effective marketing across the entire organization and its various business and academic offices.
· Demonstrated leadership and commitment to Catholic education and openness to developing a strong understanding of the vision and values of Xaverian education.
· Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
· Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to build and facilitate a team approach based on collegial leadership.
Excellent project management skills coupled with agility in the face of many demands for support.
· Ability to communicate effectively with school representatives, parents, students, alumni, donors, prospective families, volunteers, vendors, and representatives from the business community.
· Outstanding writing and editing skills.
· Experience in developing, directing, and executing all forms of digital media, including video.
· Photography skills preferred.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience with a track record of success. Advanced degree preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, résumé, and a written statement of your philosophy of mission-based leadership. Materials should be emailed to Tracii Schaeublin at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2019. The anticipated start date for this position is July 1, 2019.