- Teaching Assistant
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending your resume and cover letter.
The Solomon Schechter Day School is looking for dynamic and engaging Assistant Teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Assistant Teacher (AT) provides support to classroom teachers by working with students individually and in small groups. The AT spends at least 80% of the school day providing direct educational support to students. The remaining time will be used for preparing classroom materials, planning, record keeping and any other duties as assigned. The Assistant Teacher reports to the Upper School Principal.
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
● Teacher certification and at least two years of classroom experience, preferred.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time.
About the School:
The Solomon Schechter Day School (15 months through Grade 8) nurtures self-discovery through an innovative and engaging curriculum. We ignite a spark in students for Jewish learning and a love of Israel while fostering a caring, collaborative and joyful community.
We are looking for educators who are excited about:
● Student-centered learning.You are an educator that strives every day to create a classroom environment that is truly a community of learners, where students reflect on what they are learning and how they are learning it.
● Creativity and innovation.You are looking for a creative and innovative environment to teach, where you are empowered to identify ways to nurture and challenge students.
● Small class sizes.You thrive in small class sizes, that ensure students and educators are in the optimal environment to be successful.
● Educator community. You want to work with self-reflective colleagues, who are constantly trying to learn and grow as educators, and support the learning of peers.
Pay & Benefits:
● Generous benefits package, including: health, vision, long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, and paid sick and personal time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.