The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Description: 12-Month, Full-Time, Exempt Position
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks an Assistant to the Office of Student Life to add to our collaborative team. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming and engaging presence for current students and families with the ability to manage the internal and external daily operations of a busy office. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning on the job, can work independently, is a proficient multi-tasker, and can jump in—sometimes on short notice—where needed.
Specific Responsibilities for This Position Include:
- Serve on the front line of the Student Life Office by welcoming students, parents, faculty and staff, and other school visitors when they arrive at the Student Life Office.
- Monitor attendance for unexcused absences and communicate to students, parents, advisors, and dorm parents.
- Manage bookings, bus reservations, and advertising for weekend activities, coordinating the electronic sign-up process and managing student lists for each activity.
- Manage, with the help of the data manager, dorm groups in MyCSW, our school intranet portal and Orah, our boarding student management system.
- Collect and manage boarding student permissions and oversee and confirm weekend overnight plans of boarding students.
- Organize and provide leadership for annual communications to both new and returning students.
- Serve as the liaison between the Student Life Office and the MBTA, bus company, and student ID company.
- Oversee registration for day student transportation, including CSW buses and Charlie Cards.
- Assign students and faculty to lunch and dinner duty and communicate the schedule to all constituent groups.
- Provide administrative support for the Dean of Student Life, Director of Residential Life, and School Nurse, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Dean of Student Life.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years in related field
- Demonstrated interest in working with adolescents
- Strong cross-cultural competencies and intercultural communication skills
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and database systems (Blackbaud preferred)
- Must have the ability to drive school vehicles and possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license prior to start date
To Apply for This Position:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Deadline for Application:
Position will remain open until filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply
- Student Life