Dexter Southfield, Brookline, MA
Accredited by NEASC
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through a classical education and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just minutes from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, performing arts venues, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our Admissions Department is made up of highly talented professionals who demonstrate exceptional commitment to our school’s mission and to identifying students who can find success and a sense of belonging within our vibrant school community. Our team provides prospective students with information on academic and extracurricular programs, conducts interviews, and guides and evaluates students throughout the interview process.
As an Associated Director of Admissions, you will assist in the development, implementation and assessment of the School’s admission process and help guide the recruitment, tracking and enrollment of qualified candidates for admission. You enjoy the rhythm and energy of a vibrant independent day school and seek to play an important role in its continued growth. You must be self-motivated and demonstrate integrity, humor, and sound judgment to complete your assignments with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Assist the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management in developing and executing a strategic vision for recruitment and retention, marketing and enrollment of qualified students
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective candidates and their families through personal interviews and campus tours, from point of inquiry through follow-up and enrollment.
- Manage the distribution of Admission Office electronic communications to prospective families
- Conduct interviews, review application materials, and assist in the admissions decision-making process
- Establish strong working relationships with faculty and placement counselors at feeder schools
- Professionally represent Dexter Southfield at feeder schools, information fairs, receptions, and School events
- Nurture positive relationships with external institutions and groups (e.g. schools, libraries, civic associations, realtors, etc.) to raise Dexter Southfield’s visibility and attract quality prospective students
- Coordinate and participate in special events involving prospective and admitted students including, but not limited to, Open Houses, Revisit Days, Dexter Southfield Day, etc.
- Manage admissions testing with faculty and division coordinators
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials that introduce the school to prospective students.
- Manage assigned projects and events that relate to the recruitment of current and returning families
- Engage Dexter Southfield colleagues in the admissions process
- Maintain an on-campus presence during academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities.
- Other duties, including coaching sports and serving as a student advisor, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, psychology, or other related field required; advanced degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ full-time experience in recruitment and admissions, preferably in an independent school
- Understanding of and familiarity of the independent school environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Ravena, Blackbaud, and Standard Application Online (SAO)
- Understanding of data analytics highly desirable
- Experience planning and conducting comprehensive promotions and initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) to represent Dexter Southfield
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively engage a diverse population
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines efficiently and accurately
- Detail oriented with consistent ability to apply sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Punctual and consistent attendance, good sense of humor, and strong work ethic
- Ability to create and contribute to an engaging and inclusive learning environment and workplace
- History of continued education or professional development
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We value a diverse and inclusive community in which different identities and perspectives are respected to create a sense of belonging for all.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Carmen Aliber, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, please visit the Careers page of our website.