Catholic Memorial School, West Roxbury, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by emailing Elizabeth Check, Executive Assistant to the President.
Catholic Memorial is a college preparatory school for boys founded in the spirit of Blessed Edmund Rice and guided by the Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Education. Our faith and learning community is dedicated to transforming boys’ lives through academics, arts, athletics, and campus ministry. We challenge students to pursue excellence, embrace Gospel values and lead through service.
The Associate Director of Campus Ministry furthers the mission of Catholic Memorial School by invigorating the faith formation of boys through a comprehensive campus ministry program, which includes liturgies, retreats, both local and travel-based service and immersion experiences, the Peer Ministry servant leadership development program, and other service, advocacy, and faith formation programs.
This position works collaboratively with the Director of Campus Ministry to carry out the mission of campus ministry, which includes the pastoral care, spiritual guidance, and faith formation of the Catholic Memorial School community, and the development, planning, budgeting, recruitment, execution and evaluation of the Campus Ministry office’s diverse programming.
This position will also be responsible for teaching and fulfilling the academic responsibilities of up to 3 sections within the Theology Department, as assigned by the Theology Department Chair.
- Bachelors Degreerequired. Masters Degree in Pastoral Ministry/Religious Education/Theology or related field preferred.
- Must be a practicing Catholic and possess an understanding of Roman Catholic theology, spirituality, and practices, as well as the ability to communicate them to the personal and relational experiences of boys.
- A ministerial vision that includes an appreciation of the Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Christian Brothers’ Education, and an ability to lead and develop campus ministry programs that further that vision.
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and openness amongst boys and a strong capacity for facilitating small group discussion.
- Genuine interest in the lives of boys and concern for their personal, social, and spiritual formation.
- Experience in development and evaluation of ministry programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong active listening and interpersonal skills, well developed organizational and leadership skills, and an ability to relate and work with diverse groups of people within the community.
- Work schedule flexibility, including evening and weekend hours.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Liz Check, Assistant to the School President, at ElizabethCheck@catholicmemorial.org
- campus ministry