St. Michael's Country Day School, Newport, RI
Accredited by AISNE
St. Michael’s Country Day School is an independent day school in Newport, RI serving students in preschool through grade eight. The school has opened a search for an Associate Teacher in our Early Childhood Program. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of the developmental needs of 2 to 5-year olds and demonstrate a passion for working with this age level. Candidates should have a degree in Early Childhood Education and a minimum two years experience working with this age group.
The person hired for this position will be expected to:
- Implement activities that nurture and develop the physical, emotional, intellectual and social skills of young children
- Demonstrate the ability to observe children to assess their developmental level, interests and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth
- Exhibit kindness, respect and compassion in all interactions with children, parents and colleagues
- Communicate knowledgeably and effectively with parents, colleagues and students
- Collaborate well with Lead Teacher
St. Michael’s values and supports reflective teaching practices, on-going professional development and teachers who see themselves as lifelong learners. To learn more about St. Michael's Country Day School go to www.smcds.org.
St. Michael’s is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against an individual in regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Qualified candidates should email resume/supporting documents to Lauren Abraham, Head of Lower School at email@example.com