Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Special Events and Parent Programs. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of all aspects of special events for parents, alumnae and many school-wide events.
- Providing administrative support to the Parents’ Association helping to plan, organize, and implement programs for parents.
- Assisting in creating invitations, flyers, and posters.
- Maintaining accurate records for event attendance, preparing follow-up for events, creating surveys, providing organization and overall administrative support for events.
- Managing office petty cash account.
- Helping to keep PA resource board content on DanaConnect accurate and ensuring additional parent and event information online is current.
- Maintaining an inventory of event items and organization of event storage spaces.
- Providing support to all advancement programs as needed and other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Director of Special Events and Parent Programs is the assistant and support person to the Director of Special Events and Parent Programs and provides event planning support to the Parents’ Association, Alumnae Relations, Advancement Office and school community at large.
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of related work experience; excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel and the Internet. Knowledge of Raisers’ Edge software and experience planning events and working with volunteers a plus.
Successful candidates will possess impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, be dependable, highly-motivated and collaborative; supportive of the school’s mission and priorities and ability to interact with Dana Hall community in a professional and courteous manner; excellent communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team oriented environment; the ability to work independently and collaboratively; flexibility and the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
This is a 12-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Special Events and Parent Programs.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.