Pingree School, South Hamilton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Pingree School community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Pingree seeks an experienced athletic trainer to join our Athletics Department beginning in January 2022. Reporting to the Head Athletic Trainer, the Athletic Trainer will work with students competing on Pingree’s 45 interscholastic teams across 24 different sports, in addition to those participating in co-curricular after school activities such as theater, yoga, and robotics. Eighty percent of Pingree students participate in athletics in any given season; teams play full schedules of home and away games, including evening and weekend contests. This is a full-time, 10-month (academic year) position.
The ideal Athletic Trainer will possess a strong work ethic, problem solving skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), and flexibility, as coverage hours change by season. The Athletic Trainer will also be expected to assist in managing the day to day workings of the athletic training room and assisting with athletics department administrative and game operations duties.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in injury prevention, injury evaluation, rehabilitation, and return to play protocols, including evaluating injuries, referrals to providers as needed, and developing treatment and exercise plans within the scope of practice
- Assisting in concussion management and annual ImPACT baseline testing
- Assisting in daily field set up and break down
- Assisting in daily maintenance of athletic training room and equipment found within
- Assisting in accurate record keeping/documentation of injuries and daily treatments (experience with Magnus EMR and Sportsware a plus)
- Assisting in game and practice coverage in conjunction with the Head Athletic Trainer on both weekdays and weekends
- Assisting with coverage of traveling Pingree varsity teams when deemed necessary by the Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs or the Head Athletic Trainer
- Assisting in management of Strength & Conditioning programming, schedules, and facility in collaboration with Strength & Conditioning coach and athletics coaching staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Head Athletic Trainer
- 1-3 years of experience in athletic training
- Passion for working with and developing high school student-athletes
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and anti-racism and the ability to foster inclusive team culture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a CAATE accredited program
- Current NATABOC certification; licensed or eligible for Massachusetts state license
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Although not required, some teaching experience (biology, sports nutrition, anatomy or another related field) is preferred
- Physical demands including lifting items (up to 50 pounds) and working outdoors in all elements
- Schedule will include evening and weekend work
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references, to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources and General Counsel, at email@example.com.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.