Beacon Academy, Boston, MA
The Communications Associate is responsible for day-to-day operations of Beacon’s communications that supports marketing outreach and fundraising efforts through event support, design of collateral, and online presence. Working with the entirety of Beacon, the position supports engagement programs, events, and fundraising activities as well as the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy and practices.
Beacon Academy seeks a Communications Associate to represent the core values of Beacon Academy in all work performed on behalf of the organization and in all activities related to the lives of students, graduates, their families, and donors by demonstrating an excellent work ethic, personal integrity, confidentiality, professional maturity, and thoughtful ambassadorship.
- Maintain clear and consistent messaging and branding online and in print.
- Oversee and implement communications strategy including bi-weekly e-newsletters and social media strategy.
- Update website content and create landing pages for three large events – Symposium, Motown Night, and Spring Celebration.
- Work with program staff to collect content, capture the story of Beacon, and share the message to the broader community.
- Stay current on market research and emerging trends that support our mission.
- Maintain photo library and organize for future use in publications.
- Take photos at smaller events and document day-to-day activities of program with periodic photo shoots.
- Manage hired photographers during 3-5 major events annually.
- Design and manage major publications in both print and online including the Community Handbook, Spring Celebration program, Symposium, and graduation materials.
- Create and produce invitations, thank you notes, signage for events, name tags, and annual appeal collateral.
- Partner with admissions, recruitment, college-to-career program, and Development to produce letterhead, business cards, and other marketing materials.
- Maintain and enhance an online presence that meets the needs of various audiences including prospective families, alumni, prospective donors, independent schools, colleges, and volunteers.
- Ensure online content is up to date.
- Create and maintain interactive and visually appealing landing pages for events.
- Execute pre-event preparation, set up, and break down.
- Generate RSVP lists.
- Work with a team of volunteers to manage registration on the day of the event.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (mainly InDesign).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent penmanship preferred.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and share the Academy's mission.
- valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of community members with fairness, respect, consistency and integrity.
- judgment, insight, and intuition.
- Strong sense of responsibility for achieving personal goals.
- Desire to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work as a self-starter.
- Creative ability, a positive outlook, an excellent work ethic, and a sense of humor
- The ability to move freely about the greater Boston area and throughout the Northeast.
- The ability to work using a computer for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift things up to 40 pounds.
- Excellent English language skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to the Director of Development, Christen Hazel at email@example.com
Salary Range: $42,000-$48,000 commensurate with experience
Beacon Academy closes the achievement gap for a cadre of Boston’s bright and determined students. Through education and social advocacy, we help our students create life-changing opportunities as they build lives of integrity, economic independence, and impact. Trusted with the responsibility of an exceptional education, Beacon graduates are bold contributors to a more authentic, just, and compassionate world.