- Information Technology
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill, MA seeks an experienced Director of Information Services to begin work in July 2020. The Director of Information Services will oversee all aspects of the School’s technology infrastructure, program, and services. The Director must have a hands-on approach to working with a variety of constituents to develop and implement technology solutions for managing and securing data, innovative learning, and communications. This is a 12-month position that supervises a technical support team, manages external vendors, and reports to the Associate Head of School.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the integrity, reliability, and security of all network components including servers, switches, Wi-Fi, peripherals, and school-wide database systems including but not limited to Blackbaud Financial and Raiser's Edge, Canvas, and PowerSchool.
- Ensure technology policies, procedures, and processes in areas such as IT security, network access, purchasing, risk management, disaster recovery and planning processes are in place and receive regular review for currency and adequacy and are in compliance for the annual IT audit.
- Manage the BVR IT Help Desk to ensure high-quality and timely technical support for all school constituents.
- Collaborate with Division Directors and Department Heads to provide support and guidance with pedagogical initiatives.
- Create and maintain the technology budget, control and monitor department spending, and provide reporting to the CFO.
- Manage IT staffing including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, professional development, and evaluation and provide backup for members of the IT staff as needed.
- Negotiate and process all technology-related vendor agreements including software licensing, copier leasing, internet, telephone, and cable services; review submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and make vendor recommendations to the CFO.
- BS in computer science, information systems, or related discipline; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in technology management, preferably in an educational environment in progressively responsible roles.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge in areas of IT security, network components, computer operating systems, protocols and standards; familiarity with learning management systems and Google G-Suite preferred.
- Strong budgeting skills with the ability to plan strategically and cost effectively and prioritize resources.
- Proven supervisory and staff development skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
- Must enjoy working in a youth-centered academic environment.
- Flexibility, creativity, and sense of humor.
- Three references from past supervisors or managers that address technical skills and ability to work effectively to build and maintain positive morale.