Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
JOB POSTING: BUSINESS OFFICE ASSOCIATE – PAYROLL (PART-TIME)
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the part-time position of Business Office Associate – Payroll. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll for 250 employees
- Maintaining payroll information through the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Supporting the Human Resource Manager in maintaining employee files and records
- Supporting the Human Resource Manager with monthly reconciliations of payroll and benefits to general ledger accounts
- Assisting with month-end and year-end closings
- Providing exceptional customer service to staff, faculty, students and families
- Perform other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will be an experienced staff accountant who will work closely with the Human Resource Manager to manage critical aspects of the Accounting and Finance Department with a particular focus on payroll and benefits. Candidates should also have the ability to assist, as necessary, in other Human Resource and general ledger tasks.
Candidates should possess excellent social, written and oral communication skills; an ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines; the flexibility to manage multiple and, at times, competing priorities; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail; the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Candidates should have experience with ADP and Senior Systems (preferred), as well as strong data management and analysis skills in Excel.
Candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business-related field. Three to five years of relevant payroll and accounting experience is required, as well as a strong understanding of payroll and accounting principles. Candidates must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time.
This is a twelve-month, part-time position reporting to the Human Resource Manager.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.