Toddler, Primary, Lower Elementary Spanish Teacher
Cambridge Montessori School seeks a full time Spanish teacher. The Spanish teacher is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the development, implementation, and assessment of an authentic Montessori Spanish curriculum for toddlers – Lower Elementary. The Spanish teacher reports to the Program Directors. Three or more years of teaching experience is desirable, along with experience in a choice based classroom. Priority will be given to a native Spanish speaker.
We seek flexible, imaginative, creative teachers who can effectively plan and problem solve with a team. The ability to understand and willingness to work with a range of learning styles is required. We expect our faculty to be involved and active in the school community. Confident, professional demeanor and a sense of humor are important characteristics. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and others. Strong writing skills are a prerequisite. Above all, a strong respect for and love of children is essential to function effectively in this child- centered environment. We look for a long-term commitment to the school.
This position is available for the 2018-2019 school year. Salary is based on experience and background.
- 3 years of teaching experience in Spanish Language education preferred
- Spanish language fluency
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school
- Commitment to exceptional education
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student outcomes and achievement
- Montessori certification preferred
- Develop and implement Montessori standards-aligned Spanish curriculum including scope and sequence, annual plan, unit plans, weekly lesson plans.
- Develop and implement curriculum and lesson plans targeted with end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations. Toddler (21months – 3 years) and Primary (age 3-6) - lessons are taught during the work cycle in small groups, occasionally large group lessons.
- Spanish Teacher is responsible for creating, instructing, and maintaining Spanish “follow-up” works to keep in classrooms.
- Participate in required programs as needed throughout year (including but not limited to professional development, Back to School Nights, Curriculum Nights, School events, etc.) • Support, organize and maintain an enriching, joyful, rigorous, and authentic Montessori classroom environment.
Candidates should send a cover letter, personal statement, and resume to:
Munir Shivji, Director of Toddler and Primary Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge Montessori School is a coeducational independent day school currently enrolling 220 students from toddlers through grade eight. In 2013, CMS celebrated 50 years serving Cambridge and surrounding towns. CMS is a dynamic, international community, which reflects the diverse culture and rich educational resources of the region and enrolls students from over 20 different countries. CMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools in New England, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, Montessori Schools of Massachusetts, and the International Montessori Council.
At Cambridge Montessori School, we partner with our diverse community, using authentic Montessori principles, to reveal each child’s innate love of learning and prepare our children to thrive in a complex world. CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.