- Information Technology
The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks a Technology Support Specialist to provide end user technology support for faculty, staff, and students by troubleshooting and resolving problems via phone, email, and direct contact.
Specific Responsibilities for This Position Include:
- Deploys and supports devices and peripherals
- Provides hardware repairs and upgrades, as needed, including installing replacement hard drives and upgrading memory
- Executes computer and peripheral roll-outs and or moves within the buildings and supports new technology and devices that are introduced to the school.
- Manage users to Gmail, Blackbaud, and Active Directory
- Facilitate troubleshooting issues with printers, projectors, copiers and phone system
- Server administration with consultants to secure all backups and data
- Ensure operational efficiency of all technology related items on site
- Understand and work with people of varying levels of computer literacy and technical competency.
- Maintains records of technical support requests and needs
- Maintains software, hardware, equipment, and supplies inventories
- Performs administrative duties within macOS, Windows 7/10, G Suite for Education
- Perform other specialized or technical administrative tasks related to the department’s primary
Skills and Qualifications: Minimum of Associates (Bachelors Preferred) Must have technician experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on Macs and PCs (3-5 years experience) Experience in an academic environment preferred, but not necessary Solid understanding of Active Directory and Windows Servers Experience with Blackbaud K-12 Solutions preferred Must be flexible and be able to adapt to different tasks including ability and willingness to learn new as well as existing computer technologies Demonstrated problem-solving, documentation, time management, and project management skills Ability to communicate effectively and precisely with staff and clients. Must have attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team Ability to work occasional off-peak hours (nights and weekends). Able to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds
To Apply for This Position: Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Deadline for Application: Open until position is filled
School Description: A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply